Saturday, January 18, 2014

Author Interview: Shalu Sharma: An Enthusiast On Women Safety And Travel India And Kids

Top post on IndiBlogger.in, the community of Indian Bloggers
Meet and welcome Shalu Sharma, a blogger, a social media enthusiast and now an author. She is from Patna, the capital of Bihar (India). She blogs on ShaluSharma.com and you can also find her on YouBihar.com.

Your real name and pen name?
Shalu Sharma. People have always called me Shalu and Sharma is my maiden name.

Please share some of the best memories of your childhood
There is a very funny story. I had a friend who used to give me Pan Parag to eat and do you know what, I loved it. I now sometimes have a bit of Pan Parag after dinner. It’s amazing how your childhood activities stick around.

About your education
I have a Masters degree in History from Patna University and have completed the prestigious University Grants Commission and also have an MBA from a British University.

What career did you plan during your education days
Varied, I was a telesales person for a few months (hated it). Then worked for my relative in a law firm and then decided that it was not for me. I now stay at home and work from home or at least try to.

What languages you can speak and write?
Hindi and English (Bhojpuri if I can find someone to speak with).

What is your biggest source of inspiration in life
My brother. He’s always positive about everything. He really inspires me to act. Amazing attitude to have that really does wonders.

What hurts you most in this world
People talking behind your back. I wonder why people do it, jealousy I suppose.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced? How did you overcome it?
Driving, I find driving very hard. But I got over it by driving a lot and burning the clutch a few times. Made it in the end.

If you had to live a day of your life as one of the living or dead personality, who would it be and why?
Not a personality as such but here goes. Let’s say, Barrack Obama, the president of the United States of America. I would like to see what goes in the Oval office. What kind of decisions are made and how? Do aliens exist in Area 51? Was the moon landing a hoax? I think the president’s office would know these things.

What is your favorite genre and why?
Children’s books. I have children of my own and download and buy books for them. It’s nice to see them reading and learning.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?
I was already writing on my blog but recently started on Amazon. In fact, just a few months back for Kindle books. Just wanted to see if I can publish or not and take my blogging to the next level.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?
A few books. They are as follow: You can find all of them here http://www.amazon.com/Shalu-Sharma/e/B00E2NQBEA/
India Travel Survival Guide For Women – for women travelling to India alone
India For Kids: Amazing Facts About India – Children’s book about India
Essential Hindi Words And Phrases For Travelers To India – Hindi words, phrases and sentences for India
How To Start A Travel Blog And Make Money – For bloggers to start their own travel blog.

What are your forthcoming writings?
I am currently writing about Aryabhata the Indian mathematician. I have been doing some research on this person for a while.

What are your future plans?
Plan to publish a few more books but to be honest, not really sure.

Your dream destination on Earth?
Hawaii, seems like a cool place to be for your holidays.
 
Your origin of birth and other countries you have visited/ stayed. What best things you liked in these countries around the globe?
India is my place of birth. Places I have been to include UK, Canada, Egypt, Spain, Israel and a few more other countries here and there. 

Your favorite time of the day?
Time when I all alone to think usually when husband is at work and children at school.

Your zodiac/ sunsign?
Sagittarius

Your favorite color and why?
Blue, Krishna’s colour.

Your favorite book and why?
Very much liked The Da Vinci Code. It was a great plot.

Your favorite celebrity and why?
Amitabh Bachchan, the best actor in the word and of course the “angry young man”.

Your favorite food?
Masala Dosa but I do like chicken chilies too.
Some quickies: Sun or Moon, Laughter or Smile, Morning or Evening, Coffee or Tea, Mountain or Sea, Long Drive or Short Drive, Silence or Conversation, Water or Fire, Air or Earth, Mars or Jupiter, Moon or Sun, Tulip or Rose, Red or Blue, Left or Right, Glance or Stare

What comes to your mind for each –

Technology - Ipad,
Life - Sorrows,
God - Shiva,
Humanity - Charity,
Terrorism - Jihad,
Racism - Slavery,
Childhood Abuse - worst thing in the world,
Love - Taj Mahal,
Parenting - very hard,
Old age - fact of life

State your signature line/ tagline/ best quote
He who dares wins.

The last line of your autobiography would be…
Thank you and bon voyage.

http://www.amazon.com/Shalu-Sharma/e/B00E2NQBEA


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

badge buzzoole code